My weekend in H-town was freakin' amazing. I did everything I could have ever wanted to do and for that I thank my sister Roxanne. Entertaining things we did included all of the following:
1. Random late night trip to Kroger's to get the necessary ingredients for chicken bruschetta and spending a good ten minutes in search of marshmallows.
2. Delicious dinner with sister, Kristian, and Monisa.
3. Talking about Pecos with Kristian for over and hour the next morning.
4. Trying for forever to get a working shuttle at Rice and then attending an extremely interesting lecture with Roxanne.
5. Coffee at Agora and then stealing the cute little coffee cup for myself.
6. Driving around Uptown and to Memorial to the tunes of Jack Johnson and Reggaeton. Spotting the Kroger's Roxanne shops at and dubbing it Krofabulous to go along with the other one called Kroghetto
7. Screen on the Green at Rice while munching down on pizza and watching THE INCREDIBLES
8. Pregaming at Roxanne's and then partying like crazy at Martel. Spotting Ajay and screaming "It's gonna rain!". Seeing Stella for the first time in what seems like FOREVER
9. Going to Ruchi's after the party and practically passing out in my tacos al pastor or whatever the hell I was eating.
10. Waiting to go to bed until 5 a.m. just to sing the Frankie J. song "obsession"
11. Waking up late and having a breakfast of huevos/hashbrown tacos
12. Going to the Galleria with Roxanne and acting like rich kids by saying "I'm at Gucci" or "I'll meet you at Armani" and "We hung out with old friend Dior". Relaxing with some retail therapy and finding a shirt very similar to the one I could have paid and arm and leg for at Armani at Gap.
13. Wanting Jamba Juice but settling for Starbucks instead.
14. Going to HACER function and eating mole while listening to latin music. Then buying my first beer and not being carded for it. So much fun!
15. Arguing with Roxanne over which movie to rent and ending up with the cheesy as hell Dirty Dancing: Havana Nights
16. Watching the cheesy ass movie while sipping on some delicious sweet drink made by Monisa. Where the hell was La Revolucion?
17. Waking up and chowing down on pancakes, mac & cheese, and rice krispy treats.
18. Driving downtown and seeing the Latin Market that looked like so much fun.
I could seriously not have asked for a better weekend. To go along with the incredible weekend was a fun soundtrack that included the following tracks.
1. Frankie J.-Obsession
2. J.Lo featuring Fat Joe-Hold You Down
3. Shakira and Alejandro Sanz-La Tortura
4. The Game and 50 Cent-Hate it or Love it
5. Usher-Caught up
7. Jack Johnson's entire new CD "In Between Dreams"
8. La Oreja de Van Gogh-Rosas
9. Kalimba-Tocando Fondo
10. Snoop feat. Justin-Signs
11. Reik-Yo Quisiera
12. Notch feat. Pitbull-Mira Mira
13. Vanessa Carlton-Who's to Say
14. Will Smith-Switch
15. The HACER banquet CD's.